perjantai 18. marraskuuta 2016

Rest in piece, old friend

2016 just keeps on giving. Some days ago I came across with the information a fandom acquaintance I made a little less than ten years ago has apparently passed away quite recently. I hadn't seen her after the Eurocon in Copenhagen, but we had stayed in contact on and off over the years.

I don't know the details, but it seems her death was due to illness and was very sudden. She was always full of life and optimism and it took some days for me to accept the fact she's gone. In our last correspondence we were talking about how we must properly catch up some day. Now there's no chance for it.

This is not the first time a person I haven't had that close ties to, but who I always thought of fondly, passes away without me knowing, or learning about it only afterwards. It's almost as if something that should be there simply isn't, only a void in its place.

Have a safe journey, Sabina. Tell my greetings to all the people in the fandom Valhalla. Especially Alain, I still miss that old gnome.